Thursday, June 30, 2011

You're towing WHAT?

Captured from my door as they pulled in.
  I told my wife, "I have GOT to get a picture of this..."
The word 'befuddled' comes to mind when I think of our stop in Grant's Pass.  One afternoon early in our stopover there I looked outside to see a very nice Rig pull in, which is standard fare at many of the parks we stay at, but behind it... is that?... No, it can't be.... It IS!  The guy was toading a nearly-new 3500 Chevy.

I've seen some interesting toads - I love some of the little ones - and I tend to notice when they are 'different'. I'll have pictures of one in a later post where they guy was toading a half-ton commercial truck with a rack for his boat on its trailer (pretty cool idea). But towing a 3500 here seemed like an interesting choice, and again, something I'd never seen. Now, granted he has his bright yellow Harley-Davidson in there, which is why he needed the 3500 - for the payload - right?

They were in for a group meeting of some club and I saw them, and several other guys and their toys, around town the next few days wearing their yellow shirts for the club and driving their perfectly detailed 60's muscle cars or their over-the-top motorcycles.  Clearly, these folks were in town to have fun and they have the cash to do it up right.  The truck did have a set of street slicks and 24-inch chrome rims to complete the look, and did therefore qualify as a "toy".

Here is the Rig after getting set up.  They sure ran all over town.

The Cool: I mean, how cool is that? I'm not sure if its a good solution to a plaguing problem (too many things, not enough space) or if it's just Go BIG or Go Home, because he can, but you have to admit, it is cool.

The Interesting: I wonder what kind of milage he gets with the entire outfit, and if that bus even notices the difference between towing that, or a Smart Car...

No comments: